So, as you probably know, I am heading to the cold North next week to have my femur chopped off, errrr, I mean, have a probable hip replacement.
The true hope here is that we get there and someone says: "Awwww. Go go home. Didn't anyone tell you a little RICE (Rest, elevation, something and something) will cure this?"
But, nevertheless, my new mantra- Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst-- has gone into action.
I have been frantically unpacking Florida stuff, repacking for Mayo, cooking, freezing, getting papers in order, and on...and on.... But the big issue is: where to sleep when you can't climb the stairs?
HA!!! I have a wonderful daughter! Who came Riding In On Her White Horse!!!!!
We spent roughly 10 hours removing 20 plus years of crap from my office. Oh, what a job.
Dear daughter hauled all the keepables down to the basement for me.
Then we scouted the house for furniture.
And this is how we managed to transform the office into a bedroom:
And here is a sock monkey made by my dear departed Grandmother
Bestest ever!!! Your kid rocks... Can you send her our west? We have a little project out here. Yeah so glad!!
ReplyDeleteKathy,
ReplyDeleteKeep us posted on your Mayo experience. We're wishing you the best.
You have an office?
ReplyDeleteThat room is beautiful...but the sock monkey adds the soul. Hoping for the best for you at Mayo. I will be thinking about you.
ReplyDelete