Saturday, December 7, 2013

Hey, THE DONALD, The rad 80's called, and they're glad you enjoy them

Here we go again-- another visit to the Pritikin Longevity Center and Torture Chamber


At this point, I know what to expect, so the NO salt, NO fat, NO sugar diet isn't quite as difficult to stomach. Plus, I have a workaround with a coffeemaker in my room. Complete with sugar and half and half. 

Activity-wise, I've taken an aquatics class in a nice warm, outdoor pool; had a stress test (the 88 year old man with me went at least 4 times as long); a lecture on nutrition, a cooking class, a yoga class, and another aquatics class on the schedule for this afternoon. And in the last 48 hours I've had 10 meals.

I've also eaten at least ten pounds of vegetables. maybe 5 of fruit and 2 of oatmeal. No bread here, except salt and fat free-- not something you'd like to eat unless you're a fan of cardboard.

Now, onto the rad rooms. They make me want to put my hair in a side ponytail and wear a thong leotard to aerobics- no pain, on gain!!

The Donald purchased this resort, which houses the famed Blue Monster Golf Course, out of bankruptcy 2 years ago.

Evidently, he's not quite gotten to the awesome rooms, featuring:

brass fauceted WET BAR!!

 Cool brass makeup mirror, and look at the radical mirror!! (NOT!)

 View from my room, yep- first things first. Redo the golf course.

 One of my favorite features is having a corded wall phone right next to the toilet. What will they think of next????

Oh, and the shower/ whirlpool tub?? To die for…..  And, of course all bathrooms need a bidet-- crusty brass faucet-thingy not shown.

Well, at least The Donald has higher standards of housekeeping than the previous owners. The fiberglass tub is sparkling clean.

And , it's pretty quiet, so I'll take that.



No comments:

Post a Comment