And I thought the Eagles were a challenge
I've been hearing about the baby owls at the golf course...finally I got out to see them.
This is momma owl keeping a lookout. She did not even raise an eyelid when the eagle passed by. The vultures circling didn't bother her either. I guess when you're at the top of the food chain, life is pretty good.
This is the baby ..they were side by side high in the treetops by the time I got out. Just a big ball of feathery fluff. But really big! I thought they were adults until I got a good look through the camera.
So hard to see them, unless you know where they are.
Here is a rare moment of eyes open. Well, after all, they do have to be "night owls"!!!
A little shake before taking a spin.
Oops, getting drowsy again.
A little attitude.
On the way out- this alligator is known for its peculiar friendship with a turtle. People have seen the turtle sunning on the alligator's head!
Oh, and on the way home.
Look who was at the bridge. Our sweet mom and dad in their old nesting grounds.
Sadly, I don't think they will have a baby this year.
There's always 2015.
Let's hope we have some more Boca Babies next year.

hey -- I wanna see the turtle on that guy's head. then I'm going to write a fable.
ReplyDeletegreat shots -- I sent your blog link to an online pal who is an owl fanatic in MI.
wow. SPECTACULAR photos!
ReplyDeleteThese are fantastic!
ReplyDelete