Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Almost out of single servings...

I was absolutely enchanted the first night I saw this spread!
Staying on the concierge floor at  the Marriott, you are entitled to a light buffet at dinner time for free!!!! Well, not really free-- you do pay for it in your room tariff .....
Oh boy, let me tell you. This gets really old after a few nights. The entire  Club Floor swoops down upon the feast at 5 sharp.
20 senior-type people jostling  each other to get at the chicken salad first. Then, the wait for replenishment begins.
The wine costs $5.95 each glass. Next time I'm going back to the Doubletree where they have "free" wine.

I have been outside exactly once since Sunday afternoon. It was to look for Gallo single servings.
They don't sell single servings here in Rochester. As far as I can tell this is a beer kind of town. There is just one place that sells wine here. Got me a nice Pinot Grigio screw top.
Can't wait to get back to civilization and good old Jewel Osco. Over by dere.

2 comments:

  1. Crazy coincidence, one of my coworkers is at Mayo this week, too. Tiny little thing, Barb James, doubt that your paths would cross, but what a small world we inhabit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are back in the land of plentiful single servings soon. We miss youz!

    ReplyDelete