It seems to be time for the eagle parents to get used to an empty nest.
I arrived last evening to mom sitting all snug in her nest
Soon enough, dad comes flying in!
Honey, I'm home!
I think we know what dad's got on his mind.
Nevertheless, he stands patiently on the side of the nest as mom eats
Mom's got a little food on her face here...
Mom well fed. Dad takes another spin
Having surveyed the area, he's feeling pretty confident. Bring it, Osprey!
He's thinking of maybe taking a quick spin down to Ospreywood, in the pines to the southwest and across the road..
And maybe, just maybe, he will chase an osprey out of its woods, up the Gulf, across the bridge, and down the bay!
Photos are blurry, but osprey still has its fish belowHowever, 7 minutes later:
Papa is back at the nest
![]() |
Enjoying a bit of sushi!!! |
![]() |
Wonder where he got that??? |




















such a love story, such an adventure story! well-told and certainly well-photographed.
ReplyDelete