GIBA EAGLES IN REVIEW PART 6; Romantic Dinner with a Side of Revenge
EMPTY NESTERS HAVE A ROMANTIC LAST MEAL
photo by Pat Wright
What a gallant fella our Bald Eagle dad is.
Dad and Mom, celebrating a job well done-- specifically, raising an eaglet in the most challenging of situations, with all manner of drama and setbacks.
I arrived to Mom all snug in her nest.
Dad comes sailing in
Dad stands by, on the edge of the nest, as Mom has a long leisurely, dinner. Such manners!

Mom's well fed now, and flies off
Dad takes a Victory Lap around the nest area
And then he gets to thinking..... Baby taken care of, Mom taken care of, I think there's an Osprey with my name on it...

It's the first time I saw the Eagles start it!
He flew down to Camp Osprey, in the trees southwest of the nest, and he flushed that Osprey right out! Fish and all.
A long chase ensued, up the Gulf, over the bridge, past the railroad trestle, down the Bay and into the trees.
I did not see it happen, but somehow, 7 short minutes later, papa is in his nest, enjoying a feast!!
Take That, Osprey!
Such a handsome fella.....sigh.......
Fabulous pictures, Kak. (Dare I ask what Poppa was feasting on?)
ReplyDeletebtw, overlooked the first shot by your friend with the fish in the talons...
ReplyDeletewhat an adventure your winter was.