Yesterday was a giant bust for me photographically.
It was raining. And thundering. This is an active construction site on the water. 
I arrived, after the weather had cleared, and my photog cohort warned me that it was "Pretty Bad" out there.
She's a good ol' midwesterner, so made of the sterner stuff.
Yes! If pretty bad means knee deep in mud, and covered with mosquitoes. Oh, and did I forget to mention that I hadn't planned to go to the site so I was in flip-flops, shorts, and as the cherry on top: I'd just had acupuncture. Wow, was that a dream come true for the mosquitoes!!! Pre-drilled holes!
But wait, baby is in the tree eating, parent is watching-- if I can just scoot through the mangroves in my muddy flip-flops
With pre-prepared blood seeping out of my skin, like a neon sign: MOSQUITOESSSSS!!!!! BITE HERE!!!
Then, a flurry of flapping!
OMG, the parent eagle and osprey are talon to talon fighting over the water! Baby is crying!! I am racing in my muddy flip-flops, through the woods, into the water trying to get a shot!!! (BTW, the acupuncturist had just said, "Just don't do anything extreme, or get into any odd positions--moderation, please")
Nada, nothing, no way. I could not get out far enough or fast enough. The water was too deep. Sigh. I trudged back through the brush, warning snakes and scorpions that I was coming through. Hauled my muddy tripod, muddy feet, and unrecognizably nasty flip-flops into the car. Baby still crying, parent back at the lookout tree. For the first time in this adventure, I just gave up...




pre-drilled holes. only you, my friend...hope baby is able to fend him/herself valiantly. be careful out there. it's a jungle.
ReplyDelete